To link one of your menu items (main nav, secondary or footer links), simply follow these steps:
- Admin bar > menus
- Go to the menu you want (in this example we're using the secondary menu)
- Add a new menu item using the + sign next to another menu item (in this case, Contact Us)
- Give the new item a name:
- Next click on Link to Content, then on the next screen + New
- Expand the "This Content is a/an" area and change to External content type
- Name the External page content (eg Pay Your Bill)
- Add the external URL below the main body content. Note that you must include the http:// or it will clear upon save.
- Save and close the External content you just created
- On the next screen click "Save menus" to save your work:
Done! Now when someone clicks on that menu item, they will go to the external URL in a new tab.