Notify website visitors using a convenient banner at the top of the page!
You can create an Emergency Notification Bar that will appear at the top of your website using the following steps:
- While signed in to your Streamline site, navigate to the Preferences tab.
- Once you are in the Preferences tab, you should see a tab called “Emergency Notification”
- You may notice that there are 2 different types of emergency notifications. Notice will be a gray banner, while Emergency will be a red banner (see below for examples)
- You can give the notification a title and a description that will appear on the banner itself.
- Additionally, you may link the notification to a specific page on your site (such as one that includes more information about the issue or emergency)
This is the Notice banner:
This is the Emergency banner:
This is what you will see once you have configured the Emergency Notification. Should you need to remove the banner, you can do so by clicking the “deactivate” button.
Please note: customers can dismiss the banner by clicking the “dismiss” button on the right side of the banner. This will prevent it from appearing ever again unless you make a new one.
We don't recommend that site admins ever Dismiss the notification for themselves, as you may forget that it's still active!