Start a new topic

Assets Folders or Organizational Method

I'm already feeling overwhelmed by the number of items in our assets window and I haven't even started adding events yet. Some folders or other organizational system would be very helpful. :-)

12 people like this idea

This is the second forum I have seen pertaining to this issue, maybe they could be combined into one, to better track this to see if it is worth doing.  Just an idea

It would be really helpful to me as well to have folders in the assets window.

I second that - folders are a must when organizing data/pages for a website. If not, at least smaller tiles or a list type option to limit the amount of scroll. Thank you!

Adding comments from the merged threads:

Michael Ballinger created topic

a year ago on Mon, 21 Nov, 2016 at 9:41 AM

I would like the ability to organize the items in assets. For example, group all of the board meetings together or other topics with related documents. I just started using this and I can see this being as issue as we add more and more content. Right now it seems like a giant sea of red boxes. If I forget what I named the asset, good luck finding it.

Tereasa Perkins replied

a year ago on Tue, 13 Dec, 2016 at 12:17 PM

I think this is a great Idea!  I get lost in the red sea also

Also a way to see which ones are not being used on any page, would be nice.  Maybe grayed out?

-----

William Berghoff created topic

a year ago on Wed, 14 Sep, 2016 at 2:11 PM

It would make it much easier to organize files if there was the ability to have a folder structure. In addition to the folder structure, it would be nice for this folder structure to translate to a predictable URL, so that we could easily link text to the files.

Denise Tebaldi replied

5 months ago on Wed, 13 Sep, 2017 at 11:07 AM

I agree with William.  Having a stream of files is confusion.  Having the ability to organize and find items makes much more sense.  I would also suggest that for the Pages.  Even the ability to "move" pages along side one that may have been created earlier would make it easier.  The Teasers can be moved when linked in a Page; why not the Pages?

Denise Tebaldi replied

5 months ago on Wed, 20 Sep, 2017 at 11:15 AM

I would like to add another note on this subject.  I just realized as I am uploading files for our meeting archives, since there is not a folder structure option, I have to rename ALL of my files for every month for the past 11 years!  Since our Agendas always follow the same numbering convention, my folders in Dreamweaver help keep everything organized.  With Streamline, if I do not rename the files, there is no way I can tell (easily) which file belongs to which month or year.  This is going to be very laborious.

Login or Signup to post a comment