Start a new topic
Implemented

Link to File after Text

Is there a way to link directly to a file after text rather than using a hyperlink that will need to be updated everytime to document is updated which is a lot more work than just inserting a link to a file to download. If not, I am requesting that this feature be added.

------------------------

Hi Brett,

I would like to get some more information on the specific use case for this.  Would you be available for a phone call tomorrow?  

You can look at the full support ticket here: [#196] Link to File after Text

Best,

Drew

Community Support Manager

Streamline
A Division of Digital Deployment, Inc.

------------------------

Please see an example on the link below.  This also goes back to my previous comment that it takes 2 or 3 times for a hyperlink to take when creating it.

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:24 PM
To: Brett Hodgkiss
Subject: Re: [#196] Link to File after Text

Hi Brett,

I would like to get some more information on the specific use case for this.  Would you be available for a phone call tomorrow?  

Best,

Drew

Streamline

2321 P Street, First Floor, Sacramento, CA 95816

On Mon, 18 Apr at 8:15 AM , Streamline <support@getstreamline.com> wrote: 

Hi Brett! Assigning this to Drew so you can get some assistance. :)

On Sun, 17 Apr at 2:42 PM , Brett Hodgkiss <bhodgkiss@vid-h2o.org> wrote: 

Is there a way to link directly to a file after text rather than using a hyperlink that will need to be updated everytime to document is updated which is a lot more work than just inserting a link to a file to download. If not, I am requesting that this feature be added.

------------------------

Hi Brett,

I want to make sure I fully understand the use case so we can offer applicable solutions.  These documents you cited are often changing, so you would like a way to create one-time links that link to whatever the most updated document is, rather than having to upload the document every time it is updated?  

Best,

Drew

Streamline

------------------------

I would like to be able to text in front of a downloadable document; right now the only way to accomplish this is through a hyperlink.  In other words, I would like to be able to be able to use the insert “text” and insert “file” functions in the content management system on the same line.  Right now you can only use one or the other. 

Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:41 AM

Hi Brett,

I want to make sure I fully understand the use case so we can offer applicable solutions.  These documents you cited are often changing, so you would like a way to create one-time links that link to whatever the most updated document is, rather than having to upload the document every time it is updated?  

Best,

Drew

Streamline

On Mon, 18 Apr at 2:44 PM , Brett Hodgkiss <bhodgkiss@vid-h2o.org> wrote: 

Please see an example on the link below.  This also goes back to my previous comment that it takes 2 or 3 times for a hyperlink to take when creating it.

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:24 PM

Hi Brett,

Best,

Drew

Streamline

On Mon, 18 Apr at 8:15 AM , Streamline <support@getstreamline.com> wrote: 

Hi Brett! Assigning this to Drew so you can get some assistance. :)

On Sun, 17 Apr at 2:42 PM , Brett Hodgkiss <bhodgkiss@vid-h2o.org> wrote: 

------------------------

Thanks, Brett.  I see what you are referring to and I will add this to our Development list.  Thank you for your input!

Best,

Drew

Streamline

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

Hey Brett, hi! I'm grooming the support portal and wanted to let you know that there is an easy way to do this!

First, when editing the content, type the text you would like to be the link. Then, put your cursor anywhere and use the (+) symbol to insert the file. Once it's in, right mouse click on it and copy the URL. Then highlight the text you wrote in step one and past it as a link using the link tool. You can then remove the file that you inserted, as it's been added to Assets so the link will now work!

Hope this helps. :)

- Sloane

Login or Signup to post a comment