Embed a Google Map
To embed a Google map into your content, follow these simple steps:
- Go to maps.google.com and enter the desired physical address in the search box, press enter
- Once your map appears, click on the Share link (directly below the Directions button in the blue bar)
- Click on the Embed map tab on the pop up that appears
- Copy the embed code that starts with <iframe src=.....
- Next, go back to your Streamline site and edit the content where you want to embed the map (or create a new piece of content)
- Use the insert element function by clicking on any of the plus marks to the left of the body text area:
- Next, choose HTML as the type of element to insert:
- Paste the embed code you copied in step 4 into the box.
PRO TIP: you don't have to be a coder to make your map responsive, just like the rest of your site, so it will resize when viewed on a smart phone! Simply change the width to 100% instead of the default 600 pixels (don't forget to include the percent sign). Before, width = 600:
After, changed to 100%:
- Save your content and your map will appear, like magic. :)